According to the W3C, the semantic web is the future of the www. The data that is based on the semantic web can be understood by machines and devices. The main component of the semantic web is the ontology, which is known as the backbone of the semantic web. There are many tools used to edit and create an ontology, however, few kinds of research construct an ontology using oriented programming. SPARQL and API OWL are used to access and edit ontologies, though they are not using oriented programming. The main objective of this paper is to build an ontology using oriented programming and allowable to access OWL entities. Owlready module is effectively used in sport ontology for football in 11 European Leagues.
Owlready, Ontology, Semantic Web, Protégé, RDF and OWL, Oriented-Programming
- A.-Z. S. R. Zeebaree, A. Adel, K. Jacksi, and A. Selamat, ‘Designing an ontology of E-learning system for duhok polytechnic university using protégé OWL tool’, J Adv Res Dyn Control Syst Vol, vol. 11, pp. 24–37.
- K. Jacksi, S. R. Zeebaree, and N. Dimililer, ‘LOD Explorer: Presenting the Web of Data’, Intl J. Adv. Comput. Sci. Appl., vol. 9, no. 1, pp. 45–51, 2018.
- K. Jacksi, N. Dimililer, and S. R. M. Zeebaree, ‘A Survey of Exploratory Search Systems Based on LOD Resources’, in PROCEEDINGS OF THE 5TH INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON COMPUTING & INFORMATICS, COLL ARTS & SCI, INFOR TECHNOL BLDG, SINTOK, KEDAH 06010, MALAYSIA, 2015, pp. 501–509.
- S. R. M. Z. Adel AL-Zebari Karwan Jacksi and Ali Selamat, ‘ELMS–DPU Ontology Visualization with Protégé VOWL and Web VOWL’, J. Adv. Res. Dyn. Control Syst., vol. 11, no. 1, pp. 478–485, 2019.
- R. Ibrahim, S. Zeebaree, and K. Jacksi, ‘Survey on Semantic Similarity Based on Document Clustering’, Adv. Sci. Technol. Eng. Syst. J., vol. 4, no. 5, pp. 115–122, 2019, doi: 10.25046/aj040515.
- A. Akerman and J. Tyree, ‘Using ontology to support development of software architectures’, IBM Syst. J., vol. 45, no. 4, pp. 813–825, 2006.
- K. Jacksi, N. Dimililer, and S. Zeebaree, ‘State of the art exploration systems for linked data: a review’, Int J Adv Comput Sci Appl IJACSA, vol. 7, no. 11, pp. 155–164, 2016.
- K. Jacksi and S. M. Abass, ‘Development History Of The World Wide Web’, Int. J. Sci. Technol. Res., vol. 8, pp. 75–79, 2019.
- K. Jacksi, ‘Design and Implementation of E-Campus Ontology with a Hybrid Software Engineering Methodology’, Sci. J. Univ. Zakho, vol. 7, no. 3, pp. 95–100, 2019.
- M. A. Abbas, ‘A Unified Approach for Dealing with Ontology Mappings and their Defects’, 2016.
- J.-B. Lamy, ‘Owlready: Ontology-oriented programming in Python with automatic classification and high level constructs for biomedical ontologies’, Artif. Intell. Med., vol. 80, pp. 11–28, 2017.
- M. Horridge, H. Knublauch, A. Rector, R. Stevens, and C. Wroe, ‘A practical guide to building OWL ontologies using the Protégé-OWL plugin and CO-ODE tools edition 1.0’, Univ. Manch., 2004.
- N. N. Aung and T. T. Naing, ‘Sports Information Retrieval with Semantic Relationships of Ontology’, presented at the 3rd International Conference on Information and Financial Engineering, 2011, vol. 12.
- M. Grobe, ‘Rdf, jena, sparql and the’semantic web’’, presented at the Proceedings of the 37th annual ACM SIGUCCS fall conference: communication and collaboration, 2009, pp. 131–138.
- N. Bouayad-Agha, G. Casamayor, L. Wanner, F. Díez, and S. L. Hernández, ‘FootbOWL: Using a generic ontology of football competition for planning match summaries’, presented at the Extended Semantic Web Conference, 2011, pp. 230–244.
- Q. Nguyen, L. N. Huynh, T. P. Le, and T. Chung, ‘Ontology-Based Recommender System for Sport Events’, presented at the International Conference on Ubiquitous Information Management and Communication, 2019, pp. 870–885.
- D. B. Sudha Ramkumar, ‘Development of Ontology for Sports Domain’.
- M. S, ‘DESIGN AND DEVELOPMENT OF ONTOLOGY BASED E-LEARNING SYSTEM FOR SPORTS DOMAIN’, PhD Thesis, ANNA UNIVERSITY, 2014.
- B. Motik, R. Shearer, and I. Horrocks, ‘Hypertableau reasoning for description logics’, J. Artif. Intell. Res., vol. 36, pp. 165–228, 2009.
- ‘Introduction — Owlready 0.2 documentation’. https://pythonhosted.org/Owlready/intro.html (accessed Mar. 27, 2020).