The demand for setting up a wireless LAN internet connectivity is almost mandatory for every commercial building, home, company, and educational institutions. With the growing number and height of buildings as well as the number of users, it has become essential to apply new techniques to provide better wireless network services, especially for security issue with many applications used by an attacker that can decrypt the traditional password to use network resources, that’s lead to poor network performance for providing network services for people authorized to use it. All of that is almost a very challenge issue when applying outdated techniques. In this research a wireless network has been created considering a large number of users in a multi-floor building using a new control system which can solve the problems by setting up RADIUS authentication via that wireless network with a webpage that automatically appears to the user immediately after connecting to the wireless radio signal and automatically gaining an IP address, lead user directly to the temporary page asking him for authentication, if the user has the right username and password or even sometimes a code called Voucher, he will get a package assigned to his priority. This technology will eliminate the vulnerability on the wireless connection and the unauthorized user will be discarded from the router, in addition of that authorized users will get authenticated to make better use of network resources.
RADIUS, Hotspot, Unified Controller System, Zero-Handover
- B. Soewito and Hirzi, “Building secure wireless access point based on certificate authentication and firewall captive portal,” EPJ Web Conf., vol. 68, Feb. 2014, doi: 10.1051/epjconf/20146800029.
- B. Pekevski, “Control and management of Wi-Fi networks,” MASTERS THESIS, University of Ljubljana, Ljubljana,Slovenia, 2016.
- I. Ong and A. . S. Phillip, “SSID BROADCAST MANAGEMENT TO SUPPORT PRIORITY OF BROADCAST,” US 2017 / 0245201 A1, Aug. 24, 2017.
- R. Gurudath Savoor and C. Ou, “METHODS AND APPARATUS TO MANAGE BANDWDTH IN A WIRELESS NETWORK,” US 7.924,793 B2, Apr. 12, 2011.
- O. Dmitry, “RADIUS server as centralized authentication,” bachelor’s thesis, Mikkeli University of Applied Sciences, Southern Savonia in Finland, 2015.
- Ubiquiti Networks, “Unifi Controller User Guide.” www.ubnt.com, 2016, [Online]. Available: https://dl.ui.com/guides/UniFi/UniFi_Controller_V5_UG.pdf.
- R. Pasarelski, T. Pasarelska, and S. Yotsova, “SYSTEM - UNIFI DEPLOYING WIRELESS DATA NETWORK WITH FULL ROAMING,” Nov. 2018.
- B. Blumenberg, “WiFi Gate Guard: A Captive Portal Implementation for Home Networks,” May 2018.
- K. Yamaguchi et al., A secure and fast industrial WLAN system with zero-delay roaming. 2016, p. 817.
- B. Forouzan, Data Communications and Networking, 4nd Edition. 2007.
- A. K. Ibrahim, M. H. Abdulwahab, M. B. Abdulrazzaq, and M. R. Mahmood, “A Tree Method for Managing Documents in Mongodb,” vol. 83, no. March-April2020, pp. 18351–18359, 2020.
- R. R. Zebari, S. R. M. Zeebaree, and K. Jacksi, “E-Business Requirements For Flexibility And Implementation Enterprise System: A Review,” Int. J. Sci. Technol. Res., vol. 8, no. 11, Nov. 2019, [Online]. Available: https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Karwan_Jacksi/publication/337404049_E-Business_Requirements_for_Flexibility_and_Implementation_Enterprise_System_A_Review/links/5dd5b4aaa6fdcc2b1fa8d875/E-Business-Requirements-for-Flexibility-and-Implementation-Enterprise-System-A-Review.pdf.
- S. Maniktala, Power Over Ethernet Interoperability Guide. McGraw Hill Professional, 2013.
- D. Coleman and D. Westcott, “Power over Ethernet (PoE),” pp. 443–469, Sep. 2018, doi: 10.1002/9781119549406.ch12.
- EC-Council Press, Ed., Computer forensics: investigating wireless networks and devices. Clifton Park, NY: Course Technology Cengage Learning, 2010.
- A. Suzen, M. Simsek, K. Kayaalp, and R. Gurfidan, “The Attack Methodology to Wireless Domains of Things in Industry 4.0,” Nevsehir Bilim Ve Teknol. Derg., pp. 143–151, Oct. 2019, doi: 10.17100/nevbiltek.557886.
- W. Odom, CCNA 200-301 Official Cert Guide, Volume 2. Cisco Press, 2019.
- F. N. Chughtai, R. Ulamin, A. Malik, and N. Saeed, “Performance Analysis of Microsoft Network Policy Server and FreeRADIUS Authentication Systems in 802.1x based Secured Wired Ethernet using PEAP,” Int. Arab J. Inf. Technol., vol. 16, pp. 862–870, Sep. 2019.
- N. R. SARL, “The FreeRADIUS Technical Guide,” 2014.
- H. Halimatussadiyah, “Access Point Implementation to Unifi Device with RADIUS and Captive Portal Authentication Method in PT XYZ,” Jul. 2019.
- J. Park and S. Jung, “Shared secret key update scheme between RADIUS server and access point using PUFs,” in 2017 4th International Conference on Computer Applications and Information Processing Technology (CAIPT), Aug. 2017, pp. 1–5, doi: 10.1109/CAIPT.2017.8320725.
- S. Suroto, “WLAN Security: Threats And Countermeasures,” JOIV Int. J. Inform. Vis., vol. 2, Jun. 2018, doi: 10.30630/joiv.2.4.133.
- S. Feirer and T. Sauter, “Seamless handover in industrial WLAN using IEEE 802.11k,” in 2017 IEEE 26th International Symposium on Industrial Electronics (ISIE), Jun. 2017, pp. 1234–1239, doi: 10.1109/ISIE.2017.8001421.
- R. Salih Sarhan, “Computer Network Design for Universities in Developing Countries,” Master Thises, Valparaiso University, Valparaiso, Indiana,USA, 2016.
- Alethea Communications Technologies, “Report on High density tests and comparative study conducted on Ubiquiti UAP-AC-HD access points.” © Alethea Communications Technologies Pvt Ltd, Jan. 18, 2017.
- S. Suherman, “WiFi-Friendly Building to Enable WiFi Signal Indoor,” Bulletin of Electrical Engineering and Informatics, vol. 7, Mar. 2018, doi: 10.11591/eei.v7i2.871.