Nowadays, heart diseases are considered to be the primary reasons for unexpected deaths. Thus, various medical devices have been developed by engineers to diagnose and scrutinize various diseases. Healthcare has become one of the most substantial issues for both individuals and government due to brisk growth in human population and medical expenditure. Many patients suffer from heart problems causing some critical threats to their life, therefore they need continuous monitoring by a traditional monitoring system such as Electrocardiographic (ECG) which is the most important technique used in measuring the electrical activity of the heart, this technique is available only in the hospital which is very costly and far for remote patients. The development of wireless technologies enables to build a network of connected devices via the internet. The proposed ECG monitoring system consists of AD8382 ECG sensor to read patient's data, Arduino Uno, ESP8266 Wi-Fi module, and IoT Blynk application. The implementation of the proposed ECG healthcare system enables the doctor to monitor the patient's remotely using IoT Blynk application installed on his smartphone for processing and visualizing the patient's ECG signal. The monitoring process can be done at any time and anywhere without the need for the hospital.
ECG, IoT, AD8232, Arduino Uno, ESP8266, Blynk
- C. Li, X. Hu, and L. Zhang, "The IoT-based heart disease monitoring system for pervasive healthcare service," Procedia Computer Science, vol. 112, pp. 2328-2334, 2017.
- M. Neyja, S. Mumtaz, K. M. S. Huq, S. A. Busari, J. Rodriguez, and Z. Zhou, "An IoT-Based E-Health Monitoring System Using ECG Signal," in GLOBECOM 2017 - 2017 IEEE Global Communications Conference, 2017, pp. 1-6.
- S. Bhattacharya and M. Pandey, "Significance of IoT in India’s E-Medical Framework: A study," in 2020 First International Conference on Power, Control and Computing Technologies (ICPC2T), 2020, pp. 321-324.
- E. K. Zaghouani, A. Benzina, and R. Attia, "ECG based authentication for e-healthcare systems: Towards a secured ECG features transmission," in 2017 13th International Wireless Communications and Mobile Computing Conference (IWCMC), 2017, pp. 1777-1783.
- A. G. Ismaeel, "Internet of Things IoT Technologies to Disabilities Persons," in 2018 2nd International Conference for Engineering, Technology and Sciences of Al-Kitab (ICETS), 2018, pp. 97-97.
- M. R. F. Nurdin, S. Hadiyoso, and A. Rizal, "A low-cost Internet of Things (IoT) system for multi-patient ECG's monitoring," in 2016 International Conference on Control, Electronics, Renewable Energy and Communications (ICCEREC), 2016, pp. 7-11.
- P. Kamble and A. Birajdar, "IoT Based Portable ECG Monitoring Device for Smart Healthcare," in 2019 Fifth International Conference on Science Technology Engineering and Mathematics (ICONSTEM), 2019, vol. 1, pp. 471-474.
- B. Padmavathi and S. T. Rana, "Implementation of IOT Based Health Care Solution Based on Cloud Computing," International Journal Of Engineering And Computer Science, vol. 5, no. 9, p. 7, 2016.
- A. Kubal and C. K, "Design of E-Health Monitoring of Patient using Internet of Things," I J L T E M A S, vol. 5, no. 7, p. 5, 2017.
- G. Smorodin et al., "Internet of Things: Modem paradigm of health care," in 2017 21st Conference of Open Innovations Association (FRUCT), 2017, pp. 311-320.
- D. Hasan, S. Zeebaree, R. Zebari, and K. Jacksi, "Security Approaches For Integrated Enterprise Systems Performance: A Review," I J S T R, vol. 8, pp. 2485-2489, 12/17 2019.
- A. G. Ismaeel and E. K. Jabar, "Effective System for Pregnant Women using Mobile GIS," I J C A (0975 – 8887), vol. 64, no. 11, p. 7, 2013 2013.
- B. M. Lee and J. Ouyang, "Intelligent Healthcare Service by using Collaborations between IoT Personal Health Devices," International Journal of Bio-Science and Bio-Technology, vol. 6, no. 1, p. 10, 2014.
- A. Ahamed, K. Hasan, and S. Alam, "Design and Implementation of Low-Cost ECG Monitoring System for the Patient Using Smartphone," presented at the (ICEEE), Rajshahi, Bangladesh, 2015.
- S.LAVANYA, G.LAVANYA, and J.DIVYABHARATHI, "REMOTE PRESCRIPTION AND I-HOME HEALTHCARE BASED ON IoT," presented at the I C I G E H T ’17, Coimbatore, India, 02 November 2017, 2017.
- P.Kalaivani, T.Thamaraiselvi, and G. V. P.Sindhuja, "Real Time ECG and Saline Level Monitoring System Using Arduino UNO Processor," A J A S T, vol. 1, no. 2, p. 5, 2017.
- Z. U. Abideen and M. A. Shah, "An IoT Based Robust Healthcare Model for Continuous Health Monitoring," presented at the Proceedings of the 23rd International Conference on Automation & Computing, Huddersfield, UK, 7-8 September 2017, 2017.