The images that have been taken from space satellites are described by satellite imagery. The presence of the earth's surface is detected by remote sensing. Normally the source of the satellite image is barely seen, because many points in the sky are obscured with cloud shadows. Therefore, one of the most important and ubiquitous tasks in image analysis is segmentation. Segmentation is the method of dividing a image into a collection of specific regions that vary in some essential qualitative or quantitative manner. In this paper we will focus on a method for segmenting images that was developed Three different methods to detect the location of the satellite images have been studied, implemented, and tested; these are based on Chan-Vese and saliency map segmentation, and multi-resolution segmentation to obtain a proper object segmentation. In this study, the combination of the proposed segmentation automatic detection and image enhancement technique has been performed to reduce the noise of the original image. In addition, the Bilateral filter, and histogram equalization are used in these proposed techniques. Experimental results demonstrate that the suggested method can precisely extract the objective of Amedi site from the satellite images with difficult backgrounds and overlapping regions.
Image Processing, Satellite image, Segmentation Analysis, Saliency Map, Bilateral Filter
- Sparavigna, Amelia Carolina. "Image Processing for the Enhancement of Satellite Imagery." Image Processing: Methods, Applications and Challenges, Vítor Hugo Carvalho, Nova Science Publishers, Inc.(USA) (2012): 149-161.
- Raju, KM Sharavana, and Dr V. Karthikeyani. "Improved Satellite Image Preprocessing and Segmentation using Wavelets and Enhanced Watershed Algorithms." International Journal of Scientific & Engineering Research 3.10 (2012).
- Telagi, Bhaskar G., Anil B. Gavade, and Vijay S. Rajpurohit. "SATELLITE IMAGE SEGMENTATION USING CHAN VESE ALGORITHM."
- Laxmi, Bhagya, and Pawan Kumar Mishra. "Usage of GBVS in Image Processing to Retrieve the Images." (2018).
- Zhang, Libao, and Qiaoyue Sun. "Saliency detection and region of interest extraction based on multi-image common saliency analysis in satellite images." Neurocomputing 283 (2018): 150-165.
- Sharma, Ashu, and J. K. Ghosh. "SALIENCY BASED SEGMENTATION OF SATELLITE IMAGES." ISPRS Annals of Photogrammetry, Remote Sensing & Spatial Information Sciences 2 (2015).
- Singh, Pramod K. "Unsupervised segmentation of medical images using DCT coefficients." Proceedings of the Pan-Sydney area workshop on Visual information processing. 2004.
- Sapiro, Guillermo, and Dario L. Ringach. "Anisotropic diffusion of multivalued images." ICAOS'96. Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg, 1996. 134-140.
- Sapiro, Guillermo, and Dario L. Ringach. "Anisotropic diffusion of multivalued images with applications to color filtering." IEEE transactions on image processing 5.11 (1996): 1582-1586.
- Blomgren, Peter, and Tony F. Chan. "Color TV: total variation methods for restoration of vector-valued images." IEEE transactions on image processing 7.3 (1998): 304-309.
- Rudin, Leonid I., Stanley Osher, and Emad Fatemi. "Nonlinear total variation based noise removal algorithms." Physica D: nonlinear phenomena 60.1-4 (1992): 259-268
- Sapiro, Guillermo. "Color snakes." Computer vision and image understanding 68.2 (1997): 247-253.
- Sapiro, Guillermo. "Vector (self) snakes: a geometric framework for color, texture, and multiscale image segmentation." Proceedings of 3rd IEEE International Conference on Image Processing. Vol. 1. IEEE, 1996.
- Caselles, Vicent, Ron Kimmel, and Guillermo Sapiro. "Geodesic active contours." International journal of computer vision 22.1 (1997): 61-79.
- Dibos, F., and G. Koepfler. "Color segmentation using a variational formulation." Actes du 16me Colloque GRETSI, Grenoble. Vol. 9. 1997.
- Koepfler, Georges, Christian Lopez, and Jean-Michel Morel. "A multiscale algorithm for image segmentation by variational method." SIAM journal on numerical analysis 31.1 (1994): 282-299.
- Koepfler, G., C. Lopez, and L. Rudin. "Data fusion by segmentation. application to texture discrimination." 14° Colloque sur le traitement du signal et des images, FRA, 1993. GRETSI, Groupe d’Etudes du Traitement du Signal et des Images, 1993.
- Shah, Joyant. "Curve evolution and segmentation functionals: Application to color images." Proceedings of 3rd IEEE International Conference on Image Processing. Vol. 1. IEEE, 1996.
- Zhu, Song Chun, and Alan Yuille. "Region competition: Unifying snakes, region growing, and Bayes/MDL for multiband image segmentation." IEEE transactions on pattern analysis and machine intelligence 18.9 (1996): 884-900.
- Paragios, Nikolaos, and Rachid Deriche. "Geodesic active regions for texture segmentation." (1998).
- Chan, Tony F., and Luminita A. Vese. "Active contours without edges." IEEE Transactions on image processing 10.2 (2001): 266-277
- Chan, Tony F., B. Yezrielev Sandberg, and Luminita A. Vese. "Active contours without edges for vector-valued images." Journal of Visual Communication and Image Representation11.2 (2000): 130-141.
- Borji, Ali, and Laurent Itti. "State-of-the-art in visual attention modeling." IEEE transactions on pattern analysis and machine intelligence 35.1 (2012): 185-207.
- Patil, Jayamala Kumar, and Raj Kumar. "Analysis of content based image retrieval for plant leaf diseases using color, shape and texture features." Engineering in agriculture, environment and food 10.2 (2017): 69-78.
- Upadhyay, Pragati, and Sudha Gupta. "Introduction to satellite imaging technology and creating images using raw data obtained from landsat satellite." ICGTI-2012 1.1 (2012): C126-C134.
- Leng, Xiangguang, et al. "Hybrid bilateral filtering algorithm based on edge detection." IET Image Processing 10.11 (2016): 809-816.
- Jose, Abin, and Chandra Sekhar Seelamantula. "Bilateral edge detectors." 2013 IEEE International Conference on Acoustics, Speech and Signal Processing. IEEE, 2013.
- Vij, Komal, and Yaduvir Singh. "Enhancement of images using histogram processing techniques." Int. J. Comp. Tech. Appl2.2 (2009): 309-313
- Zhou, Shangbo, Fuping Zhang, and Muhammad Abubakar Siddique. "Range limited peak-separate fuzzy histogram equalization for image contrast enhancement." Multimedia Tools and Applications 74.17 (2015): 6827-6847.