A Median Filter With Evaluating of Temporal Ultrasound Image for Impulse Noise Removal for Kidney Diagnosis
Ultrasound imaging helps the doctor to view the tissues and organs in the body's abdominal area with no ionization risks compared to other internal organ examination methods dependent on radiation. It offers highly precise renal imaging of suspected acute kidney diseases. This paper proposes temporary filtering methods to improve ultrasound images from ultrasonic kidney video. The proposed filters focus on the detection and diagnosis of kidney disease by processing consecutive images of the acquired kidney video. Extending the spatial median image filters to temporal dimensions after the picture frames are manually clipped and aligned in MATLAB by image processing Toolbox to suppress speckle noise, and enhance a doctor's diagnostic information quality.
Ultrasound Kidney Image, Image Enhancement by Video, Temporal Median Filter
- Ramos-Llorden G, Vegas-Sanchez-Ferrero G MartinFernandez M, Alberola-Lopez C, Aja-Fernandez S. Anisotropic diffusion filter with memory based on speckle statistics for ultrasound images. IEEE Trans Image Proc 2015; 24: 345-358.
- Sivakumar R, Gayathri MK, Nedumaran D. Speckle filtering of ultrasound B-scan images-a comparative study between spatial and diffusion filters. International conference on Open Systems (ICOS), IEEE Conference 2010; 80-85.
- Ramos-Llorden G, Vegas-Sanchez-Ferrero G, MartinFernandez M, Alberola-Lopez C, Aja-Fernandez S. Fast anisotropic speckle filter for ultrasound medical images. Mediterranean 13th Conference on Medical and Biological Engineering and Computing Springer Cham 2013; 253-256.
- Bhateja V, Singh G, Srivastava A. A novel weighted diffusion filtering approach for speckle suppression in ultrasound images. Proceedings of the International Conference on Frontiers of Intelligent Computing: Theory and Applications (FICTA) Springer Cham 2013; 459-466.
- Gupta D, Anand RS, Tyagi B. Speckle filtering of ultrasound images using a modified non-linear diffusion model in non-subsampled shearlet domain. IET Image Proc 2014; 9: 107-117.
- Htwe, Kinsana, & Aung, S. Kh. (2011). "Classification Of Appendicitis Based On Ultrasound Image” of the 15th]WSEAS]International Conference on Computers, World Scientific and ]]Engineering Academy and Society (WSEAS): Corfu Island, Greece, pp. 223-227.
- Gnanadurai, D., Sadasivam, V., Nishandh, J.P.T., Muthukumaran, L. and Annamalai, C., 2009. Undecimated double density wavelet transform based speckle reduction in SAR images. Computers and Electrical Engineering, 35(1), pp.209-217.
- Wan, M. H., Supriyanto, E. (2011). Comparative evaluation of ultrasound kidney image enhancement techniques. International Journal of Computer Applications, 21(7), 15-19.
- Li, X., and Liu, D. C. (2007, August). Ultrasound image enhancement using dynamic filtering. In Fourth International Conference on Image and Graphics (ICIG 2007) (pp. 106-109). IEEE.
- Yen, W. C., & Tai, S. C. (2010, October). Dual-tree wavelet based algorithm for speckle reduction and edge enhancement in ultrasound images. In 2010 3rd International Conference on Biomedical Engineering and Informatics (Vol. 1, pp. 208-212). IEEE.
- Birla, A., and Shantaiya, S. (2015).Performance Analysis of Image Enhancement Techniques for Brain Tumor Images. International Journal of Emerging Trends & Technology in Computer Science (IJETTCS). Volume 4, Issue 5(2).India.
- Supriyanto, E., Tahir, N. A., Nooh, S. M., Arooj, A., and Hafizah, W. (2011, July). Automatic Ultrasound Kidney’s Centroid Detection System. In WSEAS International Conference on Computers (ISI and SCOPUS Indexed), Greece.
- J. W. Tukey. 1974. Nonlinear (nonsuperposable) methods for smoothing data. In: Proc. Congr. Rec. EASCOM ’74. pp. 673-681.
- Hakan Guray Senel, Richard Alan Peters and Benoit Dawant. 2002. Topological Median Filter. IEEE Trans on Image Processing. 11(2): 89-104.
- Dhanasekaran, D., Krishnamurthy, A., and Ramkumar, J. (2009, January). High speed pipeline architecture for adaptive median filter. In Proceedings of the International Conference on Advances in Computing, Communication and Control (pp. 597-600).
- Yanchun Wang, Dequn Liang, Heng Ma and Yan Wang. 2006. An Algorithm for Image Denoising Based on Mixed Filter. Proceedings of the 6th World Congress on Intelligent Control and Automation. June 21-23. pp. 9690-9693.
- Mamta Juneja and Rajni Mohana. 2009. An Improved Adaptiv Median Filtering Method for Impulse Noise Detection. International Journal of Recent Trends in Engineering. 1(1): 274-278.
- Szabo, T. L. (2004). Diagnostic ultrasound imaging: inside out. United Kingdom, UK: Academic Press.
- Supriyanto, E. (2011). Segmentation of prostate tumor for gamma image using region growing method, in Proceedings of the 15th WSEAS international conference on Computers. World Scientific and Engineering Academy and Society (WSEAS): Corfu Island, Greece. p. 189-194.
- Zitova, B., and Flusser, J. (2003). Image registration methods: a survey. Image and vision computing, 21(11), 977-1000.
- Htwe, Kinsana, and Aung, S. Kh. (2011). "Classification Of Appendicitis Based On Ultrasound Image” of the 15th[WSEAS]International Conference on Computers, World Scientific and ]]Engineering Academy and Society (WSEAS): Corfu Island, Greece, pp. 223-227.
- Chaira T. (2015). Medical Image Processing, in Medical Image Processing Advanced Fuzzy Set Theoretic Techniques, New York, NY.CRC Press, pp. 23-25.
- Achim, A., Bezerianos, A., and Tsakalides, P. (2001). Novel Bayesian multiscale method for speckle removal in medical ultrasound images. IEEE transactions on medical imaging, 20(8), 772-783.
- Rajesh C. patil, A.S. Bhalchandra, “Brain tumor extraction from MRI images Using MAT Lab”, IJECSCSE, ISSN: 2277-9477, Volume 2, issue1.
- Gopal,N.N. Karnan, M. , Diagnose brain tumor through MRI using image processing clustering algorithms such as Fuzzy C Means along with intelligent optimization techniques Page(s): 1 - 4, Computational Intelligence and Computing Research (ICCIC), 2010 IEEE International Conference, 28-29 Dec. 2010.
- Bin-Habtoor, A.S.Y. and Al-amri, S.S., 2016. Removal speckle noise from medical image using image processing techniques. International Journal of Computer Science and Information Technologies, 7(1), pp.375-377.