In this work, a simple method for producing Perovskite solar cells [PSCs] by recycling automobile batteries is used. Trying to get rid of some structures or materials which are harm to the environment (i.e. recycled car batteries) by using lead [Pb] sheets from those battery. Also, by reusing car batteries we will avoid the disposal of toxic battery elements and provide an alternative technique, readily-available Pb source for fabricating PSCs. Perovskite solar cells [PSCs] were prepared by two-step spin coating solution method grown on the FTO glass substrate. The organo-halide PSCs consists of four layers over FTO glass substrate. Lead iodide (PbI2) and methyl-ammonium iodide (CH3NH3I) used to form the structure of the precursor (CH3NH3PbI3) by the above-mentioned coating method. The photovoltaic performance of PSCs was investigated, together with the stability of PSCs, and the effect of annealing temperature of PRK layer on performance of PSCs. Characterization of PSCs achieved by using X-ray diffraction, SEM, and Spectrophotometer techniques. The effect of annealing on the optical properties of MAPbI3 films were studied by measuring spectral transmittance. The energy band gap value of the MAPbI3 film was found to be 1.60 eV.
perovskite solar cells, device fabrication, photocells, FTO substrate, X-ray diffraction
- Kojima A., Teshima K., Shirai U., Miyasaka T. (2009). Organometallic halide perovskite as sens. of vis light for PV cells. J. Am. Chemical Soc. 131, 6050-51.
- National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL,2019). Best Research-Cell Eff. Available online: http://www.nrel.gov/pv/assets/images/effciency-chart.png
- Jeon, N. J., Noh, J.H ., Yang, W.S ., Kim, Y. C., Ryu, S ., Seo, J ., Seko, S.I. (2015). Perovskite of Composal Eng Mat for high perf solar cells. Nature, 517, 476–480.
- Green, M.A., Baillie, A.H., Snaith, H.J. (2014). The emergence of PSCs. Nat. Photonics 2014, 8, 506–514.
- Park, N.G. (2015). PSC: Emerging Photovoltaic Technology. Mater Today, 18, 65-72
- Rangel-Cordenas, J., Sobral, H. (2017). absorption of optical enhancement in thin films CdTe by micro structuring a silicon substrate. Materials 10, 607.
- Shi, Z., Jayatissa, A.H. (2017). One-pot hydrothermal synthesis and fabrication of kesterite Cu2ZnSn(S,Se)4 thin films. Prog. Nat. Sci. Mater. Int., 27, 550–555.
- Kumar, M.H.; Yantara, N.; Dharani, S.; Graetzel, M.; Mhaisalkar, S.; Boix, P.P.; Mathews, N. (2013). Flexible, low-temperature, solution processed ZnO-based perovskite solid state solar cells. Chem. Commun., 49, 11089–11091.
- Liu, D.; Kelly, T.L. (2014). PSCs with a planar heterojunction structure prepared using room-temperature solution processing techniq. Nat. Photonics, 8, 133–138.
- Shin S.S., Yang, W.S., Noh, J.H., Suk, J.H., Jeon, N.J., Park, J.H., Kim, J.S., Seong, W.M., Seok, S.I. (2015). High-performance flexible PSCs using Zn2SnO4, prepared in solution below 100 C. The Native Commun., 6, 7410.
- Hao, F., Stoumpos, C.C., Cao, D.H., Chang R.P.H., Kanatsidis, M.G. (2014). Lead-free solid-state organic-inorganic halide PSCs. The Native Photonics, 8, 489–494
- Zuo, C., Ding L. (2017). Lead-free perovskite materials (NH4)3Sb2IxBr9-x. Angew. Chemical, Int. Edition, 56, 6528–6532.
- Bischak, C.G., Hetherington, C.L., Wu, H., Aloni, S., Ogletree, D.F., Limmer, D.T., Ginsberg, N.S. (2017). Origin of reversible photoinduced phase separation in hybrid perovskites. Nano Lett., 17, 1028-1033.
- Kawamura Y., Mashiyama H., Hasebe, K. (2002). Structural study of the cubic-tetragonal transition CH3NH3PbI3. J. Phys. Soc. Jpn., 71, 1694–1697.
- Whitfield, P.S., Herron, N., Guise, W.E., Page, K., Cheng, Y.Q., Milas I., Crawford, M.K. Structures, phase transitions, and tricritical behavior of hybrid perovskite methylammonium lead iodide. Sci. Rep 2016, 6, 35685.
- Korshunova,K.,WinterfeldL., Beekanak W., Runge E. (2016). Thermodyn. stability of mixed methyl. halide Pb: Sn perovskite. Physical Solid State, 253, 1907–1915.
- Yousif, Kamil M & Abdulgafar, Sayran A. (2019). Low-cost solar selective absorbers by Electrodepositing technique. Publ. in book (Renewable Energy and Sustainable Buildings [ed.ProfA.Sayigh]. Springer International Publ. Switzerland 2019. chpt. 25, Selected Papers from the WREC 2018 .
- Burschaka, N. Pellet, S. Moon et al. (2013). "Sequential deposition as a means of efficient perovskite-sensitized solar cells", Vol 1. 499, no. 7458, pages 316–319.
- Min-Cherl Jung, Sonia R. Raga, Luis K. Ono & Yabing Qi(2015). Substantial improvement of perovskite solar cells stability by pinhole-free hole transport layer with doping engineering SCIENTIFIC REPORTS ,5 : 9863,DOI: 10.1038/srep09863
- Slimi B., Mollar M., Assaker,I., Kriaa, I.,Chtourou, R., Mari, B., (2016). Perovskite FA1-xMAxPbI3 for solar cells: film form.&corr, Energy Procedures, 102, 87-95.
- Wang, Y., Liu, X., Zhou, Z., Ru, P., Chen, H., Yang, X., & Han, L. (2019). Reliable Measurement of Perovskite Solar Cells. Advanced Materials, 31(47), 1803231.
- Shi, Z., and Jayatissa, A. (2018). Perovskite-based solar cells: a review of recent developments, materials and processing methods. Materials, 11 (5), 729.