A Strategy for the Growth and Internationalization of Companies: International Mergers and Acquisitions
In this study, within the scope of these strategic alliances, mergers and acquisitions were explored. Businesses can benefit from a variety of factors, including the ability to easily enter new markets through mergers and acquisitions, an increase in their technological prowess, a reduction in costs as a result of economies of scale, an improvement in the quality of their products and services, more talented managers, and the ability to provide their customers with a wider variety of product/service options. Furthermore, it has been noted that innovation activities can boost a company's export performance and give it more competitive power. The subject of how it affects firm performance, export performance, and competitiveness is currently being addressed in relation to the innovation performance of the businesses that have completed merger and/or purchase transactions. The impact of a firm's innovative performance in this regard. It might be argued that these consequences are advantageous for academic research as well as practitioners working in the field. As opposed to that, mergers and acquisitions might lead to managerial issues. Mergers frequently fail and do not produce the desired effects, according to research. Cultural differences and problems with cultural assimilation have been explored as the most significant of these issues.
Merger and Acquisition, Strategic Motivation, Increase in Firm Value, Diversification, Research and Development
- S. Neamat and I. Yitmen, Factors Affecting the Innovation and Competitiveness in Kurdistan Region of Iraq Construction Industry, International Journal of Advanced Engineering Research and Science (IJAERS), vol. 4, no. 2, Art. no. 2, 2017, doi: https://dx.doi.org/10.22161/ijaers.4.2.31.
- S. Neamat, Factors Affecting Project Performance in Kurdistan Region of Iraq, International Journal of Advanced Engineering Research and Science, vol. 4, no. 5, Art. no. 5.
- S. D. Salahaddin, Factors Affecting the Competitiveness and Innovation in Northern Iraq Construction Industry, 2016.
- Y. Li, Master dissertation, 2011.
- G. Tulay, Stratejik yim ve planlama uygulamasnda karlalan sorunlar ve ç¶ºrileri: stanbul bhir belediyesi i, 2007.
- H. Kim, A study on the growth and management status of Mansongjung forest in Hahoe, Andong, Journal of Korean Nature, vol. 4, no. 3, pp. 161171, 2011.
- M. A. Hart and A. J. Sherman, Mergers & acquisitions from A to Z, Amacom, 2006.
- D. Campbell, G. Stonehouse, and B. Houston, Business strategy: an introduction. Routledge, 2002.
- A. Lajoux Reed, The Art of M&A Integration: A Guide to Merging Resources, Processes, and Responsibilties, 2005.
- P. Shah and P. Arora, M&A announcements and their effect on return to shareholders: An event study, Accounting and Finance Research, vol. 3, no. 2, pp. 170170, 2014.
- P. Liargovas and S. Repousis, The impact of mergers and acquisitions on the performance of the Greek banking sector: An event study approach, International Journal of Economics and Finance, vol. 3, no. 2, pp. 89100, 2011.
- S. Sehgal, S. Banerjee, and F. Deisting, The impact of M&A announcement and financing strategy on stock returns: Evidence from BRICKS markets, International Journal of Economics and Finance, vol. 4, no. 11, pp. 7690, 2012.
- A. Shuen, P. F. Feiler, and D. J. Teece, Dynamic capabilities in the upstream oil and gas sector: Managing next generation competition, Energy Strategy Reviews, vol. 3, pp. 513, 2014.
- G. Ahuja and R. Katila, Technological acquisitions and the innovation performance of acquiring firms: A longitudinal study, Strategic management journal, vol. 22, no. 3, pp. 197220, 2001.
- N. S. Fleming, G. Ogola, and D. J. Ballard, Implementing a standardized order set for community-acquired pneumonia: impact on mortality and cost, The Joint Commission Journal on Quality and Patient Safety, vol. 35, no. 8, pp. 414-AP5, 2009.
- S. Neamat, Investigating and analyzing the most important delay causes in Kurdistan Building Construction Projects, Journal of Civil Engineering Frontiers, vol. 2, no. 01, pp. 0812, 2021.
- M. Del Giudice and V. Maggioni, Managerial practices and operative directions of knowledge management within inter-firm networks: a global view, Journal of Knowledge Management, 2014.
- M. Zollo and H. Singh, Deliberate learning in corporate acquisitions: postacquisition strategies and integration capability in US bank mergers, Strategic management journal, vol. 25, no. 13, pp. 12331256, 2004.
- K. Head and J. Ries, FDI as an outcome of the market for corporate control: Theory and evidence, Journal of International Economics, vol. 74, no. 1, pp. 220, 2008.
- S. Neamat, The Development Of Management Control Systems Framework In Public-Private Partnerships.
- J. Stiebale, Cross-border M&A and innovative activity: firm-level evidence, 2012.
- S. Neamat, Risk Assessment for Uzun Construction and Real Estate Company in TRNC.
- S. Neamat, Management Controls For Minimizing Risk In Public-Private Partnerships In Kurdistan Region Of Iraq, International Journal of Scientific & Technology Research, vol. 8, no. 12, pp. 12691274, 2019.
- S. Neamat, Human Resource Management with Strategic Development, Journal of Civil Engineering Frontiers, vol. 1, no. 1, pp. 1619, 2020.