Given the world's current situation with the COVID-19 pandemic, several businesses have recently encouraged remote working from home. A variety of benefits are provided by cloud computing, including simplified IT and management, secure Internet-based remote access from practically anywhere, and cost savings. As a result, more people use the cloud, but there are also increasing cyber-attacks on cloud networks. However, several companies and organizations, who do not know the security threats that Cloud systems pose, are still worried about using the cloud. Reports previously released by researchers from academia, business, and standard organizations proposed solutions to these problems. This paper examines state-of-the-art papers on topics, challenges to requirements, and identified security system vulnerabilities. In addition, we will review the different components and the security and privacy concerns of current cloud computing systems. Finally, we present a variety of security threats targeting and addressing cloud storage services. In particular, we raise awareness on security issues that cloud organizations including cloud service providers, data owners and cloud users face and address them.
Cloud computing, Security, Data security, cloud services limitation, SaaS, PaaS, IaaS
Marya Ayoub Omer
Abdulmajeed Adil Yazdeen
Hayfaa Subhi Malallah
Lozan Mohammed Abdulrahman
- L. M. Abdulrahman, S. Zeebaree, S. F. Kak, M. Sadeeq, A. Adel, B. W. Salim, et al., "A state of art for smart gateways issues and modification," Asian Journal of Research in Computer Science, pp. 1-13, 2021.
- Z. Ageed, M. R. Mahmood, M. Sadeeq, M. B. Abdulrazzaq, and H. Dino, "Cloud computing resources impacts on heavy-load parallel processing approaches," IOSR Journal of Computer Engineering (IOSR-JCE), vol. 22, pp. 30-41, 2020.
- C. A. Sennewald and C. Baillie, Effective security management: Butterworth-Heinemann, 2020.
- F. Abedi, S. R. Zeebaree, Z. S. Ageed, H. M. Ghanimi, A. Alkhayyat, M. A. Sadeeq, et al., "Severity Based Light-Weight Encryption Model for Secure Medical Information System."
- H. Malallah, S. Zeebaree, R. R. Zebari, M. Sadeeq, Z. S. Ageed, I. M. Ibrahim, et al., "A comprehensive study of kernel (issues and concepts) in different operating systems," Asian Journal of Research in Computer Science, vol. 8, pp. 16-31, 2021.
- D. Berdik, S. Otoum, N. Schmidt, D. Porter, and Y. Jararweh, "A survey on blockchain for information systems management and security," Information Processing & Management, vol. 58, p. 102397, 2021.
- L. M. Haji, O. M. Ahmad, S. Zeebaree, H. I. Dino, R. R. Zebari, and H. M. Shukur, "Impact of cloud computing and internet of things on the future internet," Technology Reports of Kansai University, vol. 62, pp. 2179-2190, 2020.
- K. D. Ahmed and S. R. Zeebaree, "Resource allocation in fog computing: A review," International Journal of Science and Business, vol. 5, pp. 54-63, 2021.
- Z. S. Ageed, S. R. Zeebaree, M. M. Sadeeq, S. F. Kak, Z. N. Rashid, A. A. Salih, et al., "A survey of data mining implementation in smart city applications," Qubahan Academic Journal, vol. 1, pp. 91-99, 2021.
- S. S. Wagle, M. Guzek, P. Bouvry, and R. Bisdorff, "An evaluation model for selecting cloud services from commercially available cloud providers," in 2015 IEEE 7th International Conference on Cloud Computing Technology and Science (CloudCom), 2015, pp. 107-114.
- R. W. Anwar, T. Abdullah, and F. Pastore, "Firewall Best Practices for Securing Smart Healthcare Environment: A Review," Applied Sciences, vol. 11, p. 9183, 2021.
- A. Sunyaev and S. Schneider, "Cloud services certification," Communications of the ACM, vol. 56, pp. 33-36, 2013.
- Z. S. Ageed, S. R. Zeebaree, M. M. Sadeeq, S. F. Kak, H. S. Yahia, M. R. Mahmood, et al., "Comprehensive survey of big data mining approaches in cloud systems," Qubahan Academic Journal, vol. 1, pp. 29-38, 2021.
- H. Al-Shqeerat, F. Al-Shrouf, M. R. Hassan, and H. Fajraoui, "Cloud computing security challenges in higher educational institutions-A survey," International Journal of Computer Applications, vol. 161, pp. 22-29, 2017.
- M. H. Ryu, J. Kim, and S. Kim, "Factors affecting application developers’ loyalty to mobile platforms," Computers in Human Behavior, vol. 40, pp. 78-85, 2014.
- D. A. Fernandes, L. F. Soares, J. V. Gomes, M. M. Freire, and P. R. Inácio, "Security issues in cloud environments: a survey," International Journal of Information Security, vol. 13, pp. 113-170, 2014.
- S. H. Haji, S. Zeebaree, R. H. Saeed, S. Y. Ameen, H. M. Shukur, N. Omar, et al., "Comparison of software defined networking with traditional networking," Asian Journal of Research in Computer Science, pp. 1-18, 2021.
- Z. J. Hamad and S. R. Zeebaree, "Recourses utilization in a distributed system: A review," International Journal of Science and Business, vol. 5, pp. 42-53, 2021.
- T. Halabi and M. Bellaiche, "Towards security-based formation of cloud federations: A game theoretical approach," IEEE transactions on cloud computing, vol. 8, pp. 928-942, 2018.
- Z. S. Hammed, S. Y. Ameen, and S. R. Zeebaree, "Massive MIMO-OFDM performance enhancement on 5G," in 2021 International Conference on Software, Telecommunications and Computer Networks (SoftCOM), 2021, pp. 1-6.
- R. J. Hassan, S. Zeebaree, S. Y. Ameen, S. F. Kak, M. Sadeeq, Z. S. Ageed, et al., "State of art survey for iot effects on smart city technology: challenges, opportunities, and solutions," Asian Journal of Research in Computer Science, vol. 22, pp. 32-48, 2021.
- T. M. G. Sami, Z. S. Ageed, Z. N. Rashid, and Y. S. Jghef, "Distributed, Cloud, and Fog Computing Motivations on Improving Security and Privacy of Internet of Things," Mathematical Statistician and Engineering Applications, vol. 71, pp. 7630-7660, 2022.
- Y. S. Jghef and S. Zeebaree, "State of art survey for significant relations between cloud computing and distributed computing," International Journal of Science and Business, vol. 4, pp. 53-61, 2020.
- Y.-W. Huang, S.-K. Huang, T.-P. Lin, and C.-H. Tsai, "Web application security assessment by fault injection and behavior monitoring," in Proceedings of the 12th international conference on World Wide Web, 2003, pp. 148-159.
- B. T. Jijo, S. Zeebaree, R. R. Zebari, M. Sadeeq, A. B. Sallow, S. Mohsin, et al., "A comprehensive survey of 5G mm-wave technology design challenges," Asian Journal of Research in Computer Science, vol. 8, pp. 1-20, 2021.
- W. Ke, Y. Wang, and M. Ye, "GRSA: service-aware flow scheduling for cloud storage datacenter networks," China Communications, vol. 17, pp. 164-179, 2020.
- A. Kumar, P. S. Kumar, and T. Sairam, "Organization Assignment in Federated Cloud Environments based on Multi Target Optimization of Security", Cyber Security in Parallel and Distributed Computing: Concepts, Techniques, Applications and Case Studies, pp. 139-147, 2019.
- N. T. Muhammed, S. R. Zeebaree, and Z. N. Rashid, "Distributed Cloud Computing and Mobile Cloud Computing: A Review," QALAAI ZANIST JOURNAL, vol. 7, pp. 1183-1201, 2022.
- A. Narang, D. Gupta, and A. Kaur, "Biometrics-based un-locker to enhance cloud security systems," International journal of cloud applications and computing (IJCAC), vol. 10, pp. 1-12, 2020.
- G. A. Qadir and S. R. Zeebaree, "Evaluation of QoS in distributed systems: A review," International Journal of Science and Business, vol. 5, pp. 89-101, 2021.
- H. S. Yahia, S. Zeebaree, M. Sadeeq, N. Salim, S. F. Kak, A. Adel, et al., "Comprehensive survey for cloud computing based nature-inspired algorithms optimization scheduling," Asian Journal of Research in Computer Science, vol. 8, pp. 1-16, 2021.
- A. Dumka, M. Memoria, and A. Ashok, "Security and Challenges in Mobile Cloud Computing," Security Designs for the Cloud, Iot, and Social Networking, pp. 43-57, 2019.
- A. A. Abbasi, A. Abbasi, S. Shamshirband, A. T. Chronopoulos, V. Persico, and A. Pescapè, "Software-defined cloud computing: A systematic review on latest trends and developments," IEEE Access, vol. 7, pp. 93294-93314, 2019.
- E. Okai, X. Feng, and P. Sant, "Security and Forensics Challenges to The MK Smart Project," in 2019 IEEE SmartWorld, Ubiquitous Intelligence & Computing, Advanced & Trusted Computing, Scalable Computing & Communications, Cloud & Big Data Computing, Internet of People and Smart City Innovation (SmartWorld/SCALCOM/UIC/ATC/CBDCom/IOP/SCI), 2019, pp. 1666-1670.
- C. Lei, H. Dai, Z. Yu, and R. Li, "A service recommendation algorithm with the transfer learning based matrix factorization to improve cloud security," Information Sciences, vol. 513, pp. 98-111, 2020.
- M.-M. Bazm, M. Lacoste, M. Südholt, and J.-M. Menaud, "Isolation in cloud computing infrastructures: new security challenges," Annals of Telecommunications, vol. 74, pp. 197-209, 2019.
- B. Thuraisingham, "Cyber security and artificial intelligence for cloud-based internet of transportation systems," in 2020 7th IEEE International Conference on Cyber Security and Cloud Computing (CSCloud)/2020 6th IEEE International Conference on Edge Computing and Scalable Cloud (EdgeCom), 2020, pp. 8-10.
- P. S. Negi, A. Garg, and R. Lal, "Intrusion detection and prevention using honeypot network for cloud security," in 2020 10th International Conference on Cloud Computing, Data Science & Engineering (Confluence), 2020, pp. 129-132.
- K. Lu, Q. Han, G. Zhu, and B. Huang, "Research on the whole process security system framework of network collaborative manufacture," in 2020 Chinese Control And Decision Conference (CCDC), 2020, pp. 5530-5534.
- K. A. Torkura, M. I. Sukmana, F. Cheng, and C. Meinel, "Cloudstrike: Chaos engineering for security and resiliency in cloud infrastructure," IEEE Access, vol. 8, pp. 123044-123060, 2020.
- O. Ali, A. Shrestha, A. Chatfield, and P. Murray, "Assessing information security risks in the cloud: A case study of Australian local government authorities," Government Information Quarterly, vol. 37, p. 101419, 2020.
- C. Yang, L. Tan, N. Shi, B. Xu, Y. Cao, and K. Yu, "AuthPrivacyChain: A blockchain-based access control framework with privacy protection in cloud," IEEE Access, vol. 8, pp. 70604-70615, 2020.
- T. Alam, "Cloud Computing and its role in the Information Technology," IAIC Transactions on Sustainable Digital Innovation (ITSDI), vol. 1, pp. 108-115, 2020.
- S. M. Altowaijri, "An architecture to improve the security of cloud computing in the healthcare sector," in Smart Infrastructure and Applications, ed: Springer, 2020, pp. 249-266.
- K. A. Torkura, M. I. Sukmana, F. Cheng, and C. Meinel, "Continuous auditing and threat detection in multi-cloud infrastructure," Computers & Security, vol. 102, p. 102124, 2021.